The Digital Microwave Barriers BM 200 HP VAC are reliable intrusion detectors used for outdoor perimeter protection. VAC series are directly fed by the main power supply and include an optional backup battery to compensate an electricity absence. Main power feeding simplifies the wiring and decrease the installation cost.
BM is composed of 2 units – 1 transmitter (TX) and 1 receiver (RX) – installed at a maximum distance of 200 meters. The transmitter continuously emits microwaves to the receiver. When an intruder passes between the two units, the received signal is reduced consecutively and on reaching the alarm level the alarm is generated. In addition, these barriers allow to detect and signal an accidental and permanent interruption of the beam.
BMs integrate planar antennas which reduce of 20% the sensibility area compared to former parabolic antennas. Longer distances BM can be installed for the same perimeters and costs are saved. In addition, to be protected from rain, the parabolic antennas use big expansive difficult-to-handle waterproof housings when the BM’s planar antennas are highly protected by tropicalizing resins and installed in high resistant protective cover that avoid the condensation and its consecutive rust development.
These microwave barriers are placed in containers specially designed to tolerate and facilitate even the most deilicate installations. They operate in all weather conditions (snow, rain, fog) without distances reduction, unlike the active infrared barriers. If the temperature reaches less than -5°C, it is possible to place a TERM1 heating kit. BM temperature range is -20/+55°C.
- AUTOMATIC GAIN CONTROL (AGC): The environmental variations may improve or deteriorate the microwaves level reception over time. An Automatic Gain Control circuit automatically optimizes the level to maintain it flat: the settings are easier, the security is higher.
- REDUCTION OF THE SENSIBILITY AREA: BM HP may reduce digitally of up to 30% the area of sensibility and then ignore the movements in the peripheral objects (i.e. from fences or trees) which are the origin of unwanted alarms.
- FALSE ALARM FILTER: BM HP barriers records automatically up to 3600 events it is possible to classify between good and false alarms. BM HP verifies then the new events according to this database and stop the unwanted alarms.
- DIGITAL INTERFACE: Additionally to the NC outputs and other regular settings, BM HP present a USB and a RS485 port to be coupled to a RS485 hub or an AVS ELECTRONICS’ control panel.
- SOFTWARE: Thanks to the local USB port or remotely by PSTN, GSM or IP, HPWIN software shows all the parameters, an oscilloscope, the 3600 last alarm events (with date and time) and proposes all the tools to set the barriers.